Robin Red Breast

Matt’s broken up from work! And in the process brought home a dozen boxes of chocolates, bottles of wine and Christmas cards with creatively miss-spelt surnames. Having him around all the time again has felt rare and precious. Sorry to be a sop, but I adore days where we get to eat breakfast together, go for woodland walks and make the most of Cornwall at it’s quietest. Matt even managed to get me in the sea on Saturday – although he did lend me one of his wetsuits to go over the top of mine – so I can reassure you (that dressed like a neoprene Michelin Man) I felt no cold!

Since we’ll be travelling back to Birmingham on Wednesday, we’ve been celebrating Christmas with lots of his family first – hello long weekend of consecutive roast dinners! In between ** comas, I’ve been busy baking, wrapping and packing. Basically attempting to make sure I’m all sorted in time and occasionally stealing away hours to get outdoors and take photos. Can’t help but wonder on days like these, is it just me or is the build up sometimes a little bit more exciting than the actual day?

Whilst in Bath with Sarah – doing some short-term style swaps – we actually ended up properly exchanging some items. She now owns an old pair of dungarees that don’t fit me so well. And I now own this chunky red knit jumper. I’m not entirely sure it suits me – what with high-necklines and boobies – I’m sure you know what I mean! But regardless, I’m finding it hides food babies of varying size and I can’t help but feel festive wearing it. Now if the temperature could drop just a little more, I could actually keep it on indoors!

Jumper c/o Sarah // Coat Miss Patina // Top TopShop // Jeans Thrifted // Fedora Catarzi (similar) // Wellies Farm Shop

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE

1. Reply

Hannah Lucy

20th December 2015

Such lovely photos, Cornwall is the best when it's a quiet time of year. The jumper does suit you! Looks so cosy!

Alex Barker

20th December 2015

Thank you Hannah! xx

2. Reply

Rachel Elizabeth

20th December 2015

I think it suits you really well! Us dark haired girls can pull red off very well! Lovely photos 🙂

Alex Barker

21st December 2015

Thanks 🙂 I'm generally not one for brighter shades, but maybe I should wear red more often! xx

3. Reply

Jordan

21st December 2015

You look absolutely beautiful, as does Cornwall! I love your silly faces gif 😛

hellomissjordan.com xx

Alex Barker

21st December 2015

Hehe thanks! I thought some "outtakes" would be appreciated 😉

4. Reply

Saskia B

21st December 2015

That jumper looks so cosy and so festive. I love the colour! I honestly thought that Sarah was a shop, not another blogger! 😛

Saskia / girlinbrogues.com

Alex Barker

21st December 2015

Ahahaha! No, I believe it was knitted by her Nana – so maybe they could set up shop together? Who knows! xx

5. Reply

Mimmi

21st December 2015

Love that jumper, it looks so cosy! And I honestly think it suits you really well. Love how festive these photos are! And aw, it sounds like you and Matt are having a lovely time off together. Hope you'll have a wonderful Christmas!

Mimmi xx
    Muted Mornings

Alex Barker

21st December 2015

Thanks Mimi! You're always so encouraging and lovely! ^_^ xx

6. Reply

Becki Explorer

21st December 2015

Oh, the build up is most definitely better than the day but the day itself is pretty fabulous too!

B x

Alex Barker

21st December 2015

So so true! xx

7. Reply

woodenwindowsills

21st December 2015

Red definitely suits you! I love the first photo in this series too 🙂 Ohh what it would be to have long lazy breakfasts and beautiful walks around a forest- next week will be the week! 😀 Alice xx

8. Reply

Anna

22nd December 2015

Beautiful! That jumper is the most festive thing ever – definitely getting me in the mood! x

9. Reply

Raiona

22nd December 2015

Such gorgeous photographs, as always. The red jumper really suits you! xx

10. Reply

Claire S

23rd December 2015

I love the knit and bright colour of this jumper! I think it really suits you too <3

Gisforgingers xx

11. Reply

Federica Mattioli

28th December 2015

that red jumper it's amazing on you girl!! I would love so much to visit Cornwall! <3 meanwhile I will seriously follow your blog from here (Italy)! Have a lovely day!! Xx

federica | http://www.theprettypeony.blogspot.it